Current Manufacturers that are represented by United Forest Traders.
AMG (Apvalūs Medžio Gaminiai)
AMG history starts from a partnership between the American company Saunders Brothers Inc., the leader in the wood manufacturing industry, and a group of young Lithuanian companies in 1995. Thanks to their partners, AMG started activities with American equipment and using technology which was created and improved in many years made the first steps of manufacturing round wooden products: dowel and pins from birch.
That is where the company name originated AMG Apvalūs Medžio Gaminiai meaning “Rounded Wooden Products”.
AMG’s products are used in several different industries covering:
- wooden toys
- turned components
- wooden handles
After ten years activity AMG has become the leading company in Lithuania producing very specialized wooden products. Each year AMG takes a bigger local market share. Their products have a good reputation amongst the international market too with 95% of total production going for export. The commodities go to the USA, Japan, France, Italy, Germany, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Belarus.
Company AMG always does their best to satisfy their customers. Quality is one of the biggest priorities to the company. Their goal is to grow with our customers and to reach growing customers needs.
- White birch dowels
- Dowels with limited extra-operations
- Dowel pins : Plain un-glued
USG (Užmojai su garantijomis)
Company activity: the production of birch wood blanks for the industry of furniture, parquetry and panel.
The main goal of the company: to supply raw material to the members of the market under long term agreements of cooperation.
Strategy: we are seeking to be the worldwide leader of the hardwood blanks chain by installing and using innovative technologies and a flexible supply system.
Development: in 1993 UAB “Užmojai su garantijomis” (USG), a company of primary birch wood processing, which belongs to the group of “Baltic American Concord” (BAC), was founded as a little sawmill with 7 employees. Now it is the biggest Lithuanian company producing birch wood blanks.
While the company is expanding and the extents of production are growing, a lot of attention is drawn to the modernization of production and installation of new technologies.
In 2006-2007 an investment of 10 mln. Lt was made for the acquisition of modern equipment:
- Woodeye equipment that evaluates the quality of wood;
- Weining modern optimization line;
- Stenner sawing line of thin timber.
The technology and specific management of production allow us producing products, that satisfy the buyers with the price and quality ratio.
Raw materials / Resources: the company processes only the wood that grows in Lithuania:
- 75 % of which id bought from national forests;
- 25 % of which is bought from the private sector.
- 60 % of the production produced by the company is sold in the local market,
- 40 % of the produced production is exported to Italy, Hungary, China, USA, Austria, Germany, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, and Great Britain.
- Rough sawn kiln dried lumber : White birch, ash, poplar, black alder
UMP (Universalūs medžio produktai)
JSC “Universalūs medžio produktai” (UMP), that belongs to the “Baltic American Concord” group, develops its production activities in two different directions:
- Wood processing
- Metal processing
Through a short time and intensive development, UMP became one of the leading Lithuanian manufacturers.
- Established in 1999, the company started its operations in 2000 by producing semi-finished wood components
- In 2003, UMP started manufacturing wooden rocking toys
- In the same year, it was created a metal processing department for the development and production of machineres
- In the year 2004, UMP launched a major expansion of its manufacturing operations with a new furniture production facility
UMP competitive advantages:
- Ecological and high quality products
- Modern technologies
- Quick reaction to market changes and raising demand
- Extremely accurate delivery terms
- Continues improvement process in all production segments
- Good reputation in both local and foreign markets
- UMP is oriented to satisfy customer’s needs at 100%
UMP is FSC CoC certificated and takes membership in the association of Lithuanian woodworking industry “Lietuvos Mediena”
- CNC shaped and moulded parts : Numerous secondary operations such as drilling, assembly and flat line finishing capabilities.
Excalibur Shelving Systems, Inc.
Excalibur Shelving Systems produces quality manufactured shelving systems for a wide variety of applications and various market segments, from convenience stores to retail clothing stores. We take pride in the fact that we control the entire shelf manufacturing process in our New Hampshire facility, which enables us to meet the needs of any customer. From the mill to the mall - custom Excalibur Shelving will meet your shelving needs.
The Castlewood line, of fine hand carved wood decoration, offers a balanced array of architectural wood carvings and embellishments designed to add rich character and stunning detail to your most creative projects.
- Carved Table Legs
- Wine Rack Lattices
- Knobs and Pulls
- Countertop Supports
- Carved Bunn Feet
Wood + Innovation. In 1999, these key elements made Finium an important player in the North American industry of refinished wood products.
Two words that inspired the vision of the company and had Finium develop its signature product: high-quality decorative wall panels called FriendlyWall® and Mur Finium®.
Made from carefully selected hardwood, FriendlyWall® and Mur Finium® wall panels have been conceived to inspire designers, architects and every single interior design lover. This decorative products, manufactured by Finium, is distributed in Canada, the United States and now in some European countries.
This innovative and eco-responsible product can be installed within hours and will add value to your room. Get the perfect, original result quickly and efficiently by using FriendlyWall® and Mur Finium®.
United Forest Traders represents Finium in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Rhode Island.